Thursday 8 November 2012

Development of my final Digipak and Poster

This is a photo I took while at a bonfire evening, I chose to do this as i wanted to make the front cover more visually interesting and compelling, so I thought a good way to do this and to stick with the connotations and style of my genre would be to use fire.

I then tried to incorporate the image into the background of my front cover. I believe this instantly makes it more interesting and bold. I am happy with this turn out but I now want to develop the wording and font size of the cover, maybe shrinking the titles down will make the cover better,


First i tested the image as the background of the front cover. I think this looks very effective as it contrasts very well against the purple crystal, this was something i wanted to improve on as it was picked up frequently in the feedback from my classmates and teachers that the front cover was too bland and didn't stand out from the page. This, I believe, is a strong improvement already. 

I then experimented with the font size and positioning, this is because i thought I could further develop my front cover and make it look more professional, as at its current state i believe it still looks as if it is amateur. I came up with this design, it has shrunk down the font and the crystal itself and positioned them in a way that is familiar with many other existing products. I really like this album cover and think it is again a further improvement on the previous design. I still think that it could be slightly improved, i have also noticed that within the photo there is a mobile phone screen (bright blue), i will use Photoshop to correct this image and remove the phone screen, this will make the photo more professional. I may also experiment with the brightness and contrast of the image to see if I can make it stand out more and look more aesthetically pleasing.


I then began to develop my album poster. I think that the only improvements i can make on this (as it currently got 9/10), was to insert the image into the background. Again I am very pleased with the outcome as I believe it makes it look a lot more professional and it makes the writing and the crystal stand out from the background. I used this picture in the poster as well as the album digipak to create a sense of continuity throughout my work, this makes for a more convincing final product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment