Tuesday 11 December 2012

Evaluation Question 4 DRAFT Jack M

Question 4. How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

Technology I used in the production of the final pieces and the research, planning and evaluation pages:

4 Main Groups-


Edit and Create

Digital Camera - to film the video, this was a small camera so worked well when creating hand-held shots. It was also a high quality camera so we were able to film our video knowing that the footage will be good quality.

iPhone - For many things - Blogger App. - Allowed me to access the blog via my mobile phone which allowed me the make posts whilst away from a computer. It also allowed me to take photographs throughout this coursework task, most notably the photo of the fire used for my poster and digipak.

Photoshop CS6 - This software allowed me to create my digipak and poster. I found it relatively easy to use and enjoyed developing my skills in the program.


iMovie - This was used throughout the editing stage of the video, since doing the prelim task at the start of the year i have found this program pretty simple to use and enjoyed editing the footage.


Feedback

Twitter - The bands twitter account was used to speak out to the fan base and get feedback for our video. Twitter is one of the most vital technologies bands use today to reach out to the public and advertise their products.

Facebook - This allowed us to use our personal Facebook accounts to distribute our video to our friends on the social networking sites, this led us to gain some comments regarding our video and a numerous amount of 'likes' for our video.

Presentation

Slideshare - This program allows you to upload slideshow and publisher documents to the blog, this came in handy during the research planning and evaluation stages of the project.

Scridb - This program allows you to upload word documents to the blog, this came in handy during the research planning and evaluation stages of the project.

Blogger - Perhaps the most vital technology we used was Blogger. this internet broadcasting site has allowed us to store our pieces of work and show the examiner exactly how we got to our final product. Blogger has been very useful as it can support any file or request we wanted and allowed us to all store our work together as a group.

Animoto - Animoto came in handy during our pitch and my evaluation questions. We used it to create videos containing text, images and our choice of song.

Generally Useful

iPod - The iPod was useful in two ways, firstly when deciding on the song we wanted to choose for our video, and secondly when playing our song through the PA at the rehearsal room where we filmed our video.

eMail - eMail was useful when sharing ideas with the rest of my group, and when receiving feedback from my teachers, as it is a quick and easy method of communication i was able to talk to my teachers about my work easily and effectively.

Safari (blogger) - Access to the internet was vital. Safari allowed me to use search engines for my research and also gave me access to blogger.

Youtube - This was important especially throughout my research and planning, as i was able to use it to search for similar videos which gave me ideas. Another way it came in handy was finding turorials for iMovie for when the video was being edited, and for Photoshop CS6 when i was designing my poster and digipak.

1 comment:

  1. Jack; ensure that you expand on how you used them and their effectiveness.


    ReplyDelete